Invoicing may not be the most glamorous task in a business setting, but it is a critical one for solid business operations. With so many options to choose from out there, choosing the right invoicing software for your business may not be an easy thing to do.
However, to help you out, here are
10 questions to ask while selecting an online invoice software:
1. What are some of the invoicing features that will benefit my business the most?
Some common features include expense tracking, automatic payment reminders, tax prep, time tracking, financial reports and more.
2. Can it be customized to fit my business?
Because most invoicing platforms are characterized by generic reports and templates, you want a customizable platform for your business.
3. How much money I’m I willing to allocate to the right platform?
If you are starting out on a shoestring budget, you may just be better off simply using a completely free one.
4. Can the platforms available accommodate my employees and clients?
You should pay keen attention to the number of employees that you have before paying for a platform.
5. How difficult is it to use the platform?
The platform that you pick should be easy enough to use and set up in a matter of minutes.
6. Is the platform compatible with international languages, currencies and different payment systems?
If you are planning on taking your business globally, this element is vital.
7. How will my invoicing data be backed up on the platform? Is it possible to access the platform even during power shortages and outages?
The best invoicing platforms back up data automatically on the cloud so that you never lose it.
8. What are some of the security measures that have been put in place to make sure that my business and its data is secure?
Obviously, your customer’s data security and that of your business should be a top priority.
9. What type of technical support, as well as customer support is offered to customers?
Every now and then, you may be forced to contact customer care for support and you want to be sure that they will be available at all times.
10. How can the software help me keep up with critical things like financial regulations and tax laws?
Online invoicing software typically comes embedded with some form of accounting software that can make your life a whole lot easier. The best software should have relevant features such as automatic tax calculations and tax reporting.
1 Month Free Trial. Just Sign Up, No Credit Card Required.
Start Your Free Trial Here
**No Credit card Required**